- Two self-appointed LTTE Colonel and 6 other regional level leaders have surrender to SLA.
- SLA 58 has pulled back due to heavy fighting earlier. Will be on forward run again soon. Currently engaged in heavy fighting with VP's security Tigers.
Updated @ 15:45 BST
- SLA 59,58 divisions in frontline less than 1800m to meet.
- 53, 59 divisions are 1200m away from each divisions.
Update @13.20 BST
Intel confirmed that LTTE leader VP is currently in his bunker set. He's guarded by about 100 black tigers at present.
Update @13.00 BST
The self proclaimed "Government Doctor" has turned himself in to the forces of the 58th division. Still many explosions are heard in the unliberated Vellamullivaikkal area and the 58th Division troops have entered the area allocated for temporary shelters.
Soosai's Family Caught!
Soosai's family has been arrested by the Navy while trying to flee the terror held area after Soosai's battle with the LTTE leader.
Updated @ 8:35 BST
It is reported that the 58th Division has resorted to the use of gas masks amidst indiscriminate fire setting by the LTTE. The masked troops are in a strenuous effort to rescue the trapped civilians amongst the large fire. This seems to be the latest method adapted by the tiger supremo to stop civilians from leaving as even high profile mahveer families seem to be abandoning them.
So far over 7000 civilians have crossed over during the last 48 hours.
Both 58th and 53rd Divisions seem to be just over 1km away from the 59th Division and expected to merge tonight. 59 Div is dealing with a newly made earth bund on its way towards the 58th and 53rd.
Special Forces groups have infiltrated the tiger held area on the look out for the LTTE leader. He is in the process of destroying his assets and the civilians around him to discredit the government.
Updated @ 08:00 BST
- Some of the Soosai's carders surrended to 53. More expected. (Please refer to main article)
- 53 and 59 are 1.2 km is a away from each other.
Updated @ 06:45 BST
- 1.5km more to seal off the coast. 10 Suicide boats found and a mortar factory in Wellamullivaikkal.
- 4500 + civilians rescued since yesterday (14th)
Soosai vs VP
The LTTE is crumbling right before our eyes. They have split into several camps, two of the main camps being Soosai and VP groups, they have started killing each other, Soosai and his group has defected from VP's LTTE team.
Intel report suggests that Soosai's LTTE team is currently involved with attacking VP's LTTE team due to fall out.
Last Weekend for LTTE
The 58th and 59th are to join up by the evening on the eastern side of A35. We are poised to wipe out the remaining LTTE pockets by the weekend (by 16th - 17th). The cable laying was done by SF4. Lots of credit goes to Prassanna Silva.